MK7 GTI / Golf R Single & Dual Center Vent Pod Install
1. Start by closing the rear vent flap so we dont lose any parts into the A/C duct.
2. Use a bone trim tool or rounded flat head screwdriver to pop out the Hazard light/airbag light switch. A gentle twist of your tool should pop this out easily.
DO NOT UNPLUG THIS SWITCH, AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT WILL ACTIVATE.
3. Using a trim tool, gently pry the outer vent fin assembly out of its seat from the right side. The two tab holes that hold this piece are shown below.
4. Using a trim tool, gently pry the inner vent fin assembly out of place from the bottom. Rotate the assembly up to pull out the fins.
The two tabs that hold this fin assembly in place are shown below.
5. Drill a pass through hole on the right side ducting to route wiring. Check behind ducting to ensure you do not damage other wiring!
5. Drop in the CJM Industries vent pod, sliding the curved left edge first, then seating the right edge.
6. Gently push the hazard light switch back in until it clicks into place, ensuring it is fully seated.